Do you feel like you’re stuck in overdrive, constantly on edge and ready to snap? Do you struggle with poor concentration, confusion, and feel easily overwhelmed? Maybe you’re haunted by trauma-related scars, nightmares, or flashbacks, and avoid situations or reminders of the traumatic event. If any of this sounds familiar, you’re not alone.
According to a study published in the Journal of Traumatic Stress, post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is more common than you might think. In fact, over 8% of people in our community will experience PTSD in their lifetimes, with 4.7% experiencing it within the past year and 3.8% in the past six months. And when we include those who suffer following significant trauma but don’t fit typical PTSD criteria, the statistics become even more staggering.
Are you tired of being held back by the painful memories of traumatic events? By combining various approaches and techniques, we can work together to eliminate the mental and physical responses that have been holding you back. Our goal is to create new, healthier patterns in your brain that will allow you to move forward with confidence. Together, we’ll identify the source of your suffering and develop strategies to manage distress and unhelpful thoughts and behaviors.
So if this sounds like you…
- I struggle with anxiety or depression
- I relive traumatic events with accompanying unwanted memories, vivid images, and physical signs like sweating, palpitations, and panic attacks
- I am hyper vigilant or easily frightened
- I feel edgy or irritable often
- I feel like the joy, love, and other positive emotions have been sucked from my life
- I’d like professional help to better understand and cope with previous trauma
- I want to live an easier, happier, more connected life
…then trauma therapy may offer the ideal therapeutic approach for you.