Fifteen minute introductory consultations are complimentary. After an initial consultation, you may choose a “fee for service” plan, “subscription” plan, or “therapeutic email exchange” plan based upon your needs and my clinical recommendations (please see details below). You will not be charged for signing up and/or utilizing the virtual therapy room.
- Fee for service rates: $150 per 50 minute individual video session or $160 per 50 minute couple/family video session.
- Subscription rates: $475/monthly subscription includes four 50 minute individual video or phone sessions and unlimited secure asynchronous messaging. (Subscription fees are charged the first of every month).
- Therapeutic email exchange rates: $60 for one secure email exchange (one client message and one clinician reply) or $200 for a package of four secure email exchanges. (Therapeutic email package fees are charged at the first of every month).
- Initial diagnostic evaluation: $225
- Record Request Administrative Fee: $20-$25
- Good Faith Estimate/Bill Dispute Fee: $25
- Court appearance: $200 per hour
I have a limited number of sliding scale openings. If none are available at the time of your request, please contact me and I will be happy to place you on a waiting list.
Rates vary depending on your insurance company and services may be covered in part or full by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. Please verify your copayment and/or deductible amount. Copays are due prior to each session.
I currently accept the following insurance plans:
- United Behavioral Health
As a courtesy, I will bill your insurance company for services rendered. However, I cannot guarantee that your insurance company will follow through with their original Explanation of Benefits (EOB).
Your insurance company will require me to disclose clinical information including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment plan, current psychosocial stressors, and/or current level of functioning. I will disclose only the minimum amount necessary to justify services provided.
Your insurance company and/or your EOB may not cover therapeutic email exchanges or live telephone sessions. You are responsible for payment of any and all charges not covered by your insurance company.
Insurance companies require therapists to diagnose which becomes part of the permanent medical record. Insurance companies may also require clinical information to approve payment and may impose limits on the number of sessions. It is for these reasons I offer clients a self-pay option. Bypassing insurance companies allows me to better maintain your privacy and puts the focus on the therapeutic process without any outside influence or pressure. Please indicate if you prefer self-pay.
Payment is due at time of service unless otherwise noted above. I use a secure, HIPPA-compliant therapy platform. Clients may make a secure payment online via “Stripe”using their secure Client Portal. I accept cash and all major credit cards.
If you fail to show for a scheduled appointment and you have not notified me at least 48 hours in advance, you will be required to pay the full session fee.
Missed subscription sessions may be rescheduled once within the same billing period with 48 hour advance notice.
Online therapy is not suitable if you are in a crisis and/or if you are experiencing symptoms or conditions that will require in-person care, diagnosis, and assessment. I provide therapy services for individuals who are not in crisis but would like to experience greater emotional and mental well-being.